Kirk Barr Young was inspired by his father to become a lifetime learner. Love of family and devotion to continued education form the foundation for Kirk’s daily mission of simply helping people. He learned early on by really listening and asking the right questions, he could help families secure their financial future and feel confident about the decisions they make. Assisting people on their path to a sound financial life while inspiring them to live their dreams is why Kirk will tell you, “I love what I do”.
In order to continue his career goals, Kirk founded BARR Financial Services, LLC in 1992 as the next step in an already successful career. His desire to continually grow both personally and professionally, in combination with his thirty plus years of experience in the industry, has enabled Kirk to grow BARR Financial Services into one of the most respected financial advisory firms in all of Central Florida. Accolades from publications like Forbes Magazine, Orlando Business Journal and Advisor Magazine provide insight into the dedication Kirk has to uncompromising service to his clients.
Kirk’s continuing education has produced a list of credentials within the financial industry that includes Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®), Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®), Registered Financial Consultant® (RFC®), Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®), Certified Senior Advisor (CSA)®, Certified Estate Planner™ (CEP®) and Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA™) In addition, he is a registered representative of Triad Advisors, LLC.
Specializing in Personal, Business and Estate Planning – Kirk Barr Young empowers clients through education to make informed decisions and find comfort with those decisions. He is a frequent lecturer within his industry and an instructor for several financial classes throughout Central Florida. He is a licensed financial service professional and has consistently qualified for the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT), earning Top of the Table status.
A philosophy of giving back has kept Kirk involved in the local community as a member of many organizations. He has served on several boards including a post as Chairperson of the Florida Hospital Foundation Board Altamonte. Kirk is a past president of the Society Financial Services Professionals and has been a member over 25 years.
Florida State University
- Bachelor of Science, Finance Degree – 1983
- General Agents and Managers Association – (GAMA)
- Certification in Agency Development and Management – 1991
- The American College
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) – 1993
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC®) -1996
- International Association of Registered Financial Consultants
- Registered Financial Consultant® (RFC®) – 1997
- Certified Financial Planner – Board of Standards
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®) – 2001
- Society of Certified Senior Advisor
- Certified Senior Advisor (CSA)® – 2002
- National Institute of Certified Estate Planners
- Certified Estate Planner™ (CEP®) – 2005
- Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA™) – 2008
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Certified Interdisciplinary Collaborative Law Training – 2008
- Series 7 – General Securities
- Series 63 – Blue Sky
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Advisor Laws
- Life Insurance License
- Health Insurance License
- Variable Annuity License
- Million Dollar Round Table – Qualifying & Lifetime Member, earning Top of the Table
- Society of Financial Service Professionals
- Central Florida Society of Financial Service Professionals – Past President
- National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- The National Ethics Bureau – Approved Financial Advisor
- Financial Planning Association
- Financial Services Institute – 2007
- Association of Divorce Financial Planners – 2009
- The Collaborative Family Law Group of Central Florida
- Investments & Wealth Institute
- Florida Hospital Foundation – Past Chairperson Altamonte Board
- Boy Scouts of America – Heritage Society
- Rotary International – Past Board Member
A deep sense of family and personal responsibility was instilled in Kirk from a young age by his mother and father. His parents’ influence helped fuel both his love of people and his tenacity. Kirk is known for his ability to put 100% effort into whatever he decides to take on. Graduating high in his class at Florida State, a top professor found Kirk’s finance acumen and work ethic so impressive, he asked Kirk to join him in a business they created together. His parent’s influence and the determination he developed then still drives him every day. Once Kirk makes up his mind to take something on, whether it’s work or play, you can be assured he’s committed. Kirk will tell you his family is his biggest accomplishment. He has been married to his wife Darcy over 30 years and she is the love of his life. They have two children, Rachel and Daniel with whom they are very proud. Kirk enjoys the beach, kayaking, fishing, photography, pool and disc golf. Of course, he is “all in” when it comes to those endeavors.